Boxie is a Dropbox client for iPhone, which enhances and prettifies your whole Dropbox experience.
- Tap to move across folders;
- directly go back up to three levels with the fast navigation menu, which can be revealed by tapping and holding the back button;
- in case you want to move stuff from one folder to another, just tap and hold the item and drag it until you reach the desired folder; you can go back and forth across your folders;
- rest on the back panel to navigate back while dragging;
- rest between cells or on a file to highlight the current folder and pasting there when releasing;
- quickly update your folder content with a pull down gesture.
- Pan the left edge of the screen to reveal the side menu;
- access the main sections of the app from the side menu;
- expand the Sorting section to choose the preferred sorting method, which applies to the normal file manager, to the bookmarks and to the offline items.
- Swipe a cell to the right to reveal custom action buttons on a specific item;
- you can easily open, share, bookmark and favorite your items;
- if you want to remove an item, just swipe a cell to the left to activate a specific removal action (according to the section you’re currently in).
Bookmarks and offline items
- Add files or folders to your bookmarks to have a list of remote shortcut to your most frequently accessed resources; bookmarks are not downloaded from Dropbox;
- add files to your offline items, to download them and keep them in sync with the version stored in Dropbox.
Set multiple items as available offline
- Choose the appropriate option from the folder option popover to add all files in the current folder to your offline items;
- in the same popover, tap on the proper option to cancel all pending offline items download in the current folder.
Show deleted files for the current folder
- Choose “Show deleted files” from the folder option popover to show the deleted files for the current folder;
- deleted files are shown with a desaturated icon, a lighter text and a cross icon;
- tap on a deleted item to show the list of its revisions. Tap on a revision to restore it.
- You can open a list of the revisions for a specific file;
- tap on a specific revision to restore that version of the file.
In-app and background notifications
- After an automatic initial setup phase, which can take some minutes to be completed, you will be notified when something happens in your Dropbox (items additions, deletions, modifications);
- you can set notifications to be delivered when your app is active and while it is in background, thanks to the new iOS 7 background APIs.
- You can see the last notification events occurred on your Dropbox (items additions, deletions, modifications);
- tap on added/modified items to open the containing folder;
- tap on deleted items to restore them. Deleted items are shown with a desaturated icon and a lighter text.
- You can use Boxie to open a file from other applications, in order to upload it to your Dropbox;
- just choose the name for the uploading file and the destination folder, and you’re good to go.
Zip content upload
- Tap on a zipped item to navigate its content; zipped content folders are highlighted with a side zip line;
- you can upload a file contained in the archive by tapping on it;
Items transfer between Boxie users using URL schemes
You can easily transfer a file or a folder to another Boxie user:
- among your sharing options, you can choose to share a direct copy ref link based on Boxie’s custom URL scheme;
- other Boxie users can use the copy ref link to import the item to their Dropbox;
- if another Boxie users sends you a copy ref link via email or message, just open Boxie tapping on the custom ref link, choose the destination folder and the resource will be added to your Dropbox!
Undoable actions and dismissable notice panels
- Every destructive action can be undone by tapping on the confirmation info panel;
- every info panel can be quickly dismiss by swiping left or right on the info panel.
Enhanced image gallery
- switch between grid and paged mode using the bottom toolbar buttons;
- slide an image vertically while in paged mode to return to grid mode;
- select images in grid mode and tap on the play button to start a slideshow;
- images are shown in their actual size, if smaller than the screen size; no initial stretch is performed;
- double tap with two fingers to zoom the image to its real size.
Animated GIF support
- Open animated GIFs directly in the image gallery.
Smart background for transparent images
- A pattern background is added to transparent images, to improve their visibility.
- Pattern size does not change while you zoom in or out.
- You can choose between a light and a dark pattern, by using a two-finger triple-tap gesture.
- Transition to universal app;
- camera upload support;
- accessibility improvements;
- file preview and edit enhancements.
Keep in touch
Follow us on Twitter to receive updates on our work:
Boxie is crafted by Tapwings: